Chief Financial Officer
Kathryn “Kate” Sterner brings 30+ years of experience in finance, business strategy, operations, M&A, strategic partnerships and financial services. Her experience spans private and public companies across various industries. Holding roles of CFO, Vice President of Marketing, Operations, Finance, Banking has provided extensive, real-world experience in both strategic visioning and tactical execution of finance and operational strategies that achieved tangible and lasting results. This broad-based background brings a high level of acumen, beyond finance, to the team.
Kate has been continually recognized for delivering results, managing change, and driving complex decisions through an achievement oriented approach. She is energetic, analytical, a broad and creative thinker who enjoys collaborating with others. She thrives in bringing integrity, trust and purpose to her work.
Prior to moving to Portland, Oregon in the Fall 2016, Kate was a partner in a national firm providing CFO services to privately-held clients. From 2002 – 2012, Kate held senior level positions in Finance and Operations at Korn/Ferry Leadership & Talent Consulting and Lominger International, both global companies specializing in talent recruitment and talent assessment, respectively. In addition to the above Kate co-owned a broker/dealer and consulting firm, spent six years in banking, was VP Product Management and Consulting Manager with one a premier firm.
Some of her prior responsibilities include:
- VP Operations for Korn / Ferry Leadership and Talent Consulting
- Vice President, Finance Lominger International
- CFO Lominger (prior to the acquisition by Korn / Ferry)
- Participating on the thought leadership team that developed market strategy, globalization, customer segmentation planning, and growth strategies that doubled revenue in three years
- Finance representative on major pre- and post-acquisition teams
- Business process improvement, change management, and team development
- Marketing and product management background for a business re-engineering technology company
Kate’s responsibilities at Mass Ingenuity include Finance, Human Resources, IT, Investor Relations, Strategic Partnerships and M&A.
Kate holds an MBA in Finance from the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota and a BS in Accounting from St. Cloud University. Although lapsed, she held NASD Series 7, Series 66 and Series 24.