I want to introduce you to Jim Clark, one of Mass Ingenuity’s high-energy senior consultants. Jim is responsible for several of our large public sector customers and several commercial ones. He is a master of creating high energy with executives and quickly driving results. Jim likes to say, “Measures are the currency of your Management System and Results Software is the bank!”
Jim’s background as an executive gives him both perspective and reputation when it comes to large transformative projects. Our customers rely on Jim’s knowledge to give them the confidence to drive their own transformations and accelerate getting results.
Jim is presenting one of our customer’s powerful success stories and how they quickly achieved amazing changes in their operations.
Aaron Howard, CEO
An Introduction from Jim...
Information Services Division: Results Management System™ and Software
Case Study #32
Project Timeline: September 2019-September 2020
Situation: An insurance company’s Information Systems Division (ISD) had grown significantly in order to implement major new core business systems.
ISD Capabilities Needed
- Implement measurable improvements in order to demonstrate value to their business lines
- Improve their ability to achieve the company’s strategic plan and growth goals
- Define their core work and established clear performance measures and expectation
- Clarified ownership and accountability and accelerated service level improvements
- Allowed them to see their organization in ways they never did before
- Enabled collaboration among the executive team to allow for true enterprise management
Client Results and Impact
- Reduced major defects 46% with significant improvement to customer experience and costs
- Decreased critical priority incidents 100% (client’s top goal when our project began
- Reduced overtime per employee by 36% (digital innovation group)
- Improved revenue per employee by 31%
- Built a more robust measurement system to define success, track performance, monitor progress on key initiatives, and quickly address roadblocks
- Increased visibility and accountability to their most important outcomes and empower staff to identify constraints and proactively address them in a timely manner
- Created a more complete view of ISD, specifically a “process view” rather than the “siloed hierarchical view” of an organization chart
- Shifted ISD’s culture with greater visibility of their performance data, accountability, shared learning, and data-driven problem solving and decision making
- As a result, ISD’s reputation and perceived value to the organization significantly increased
“Results Software provides a valuable tool to connect our entire IS leadership team to these measures to improve transparency, ownership, and accountability across our teams. This work has provided a framework to talk about our business in a manner that was not possible previously.”
Vice President, ISD Governance and Infrastructure