I’m excited to introduce you to Tom Moore, one of Mass Ingenuity’s senior consultants. Tom has been with the company for over 9 years and is highly regarded by our largest customers.
Tom is an industry expert in organization development, Lean, and other process improvement methodologies. His deep knowledge and experience has helped many organizations transform both in the private and public sectors.
Tom is especially gifted at applying organization change management to very large and challenging transformations. Data governance is an important topic for all of us. Tom will share a story on how he led a major governance project for a large health care organization.
Aaron Howard, CEO
An Introduction from Tom...
Our client needed to address critical data integrity and data governance capabilities in order to improve its health care delivery system. The scope and complexity of this important effort required comprehensive change management best practices and tools.
Data Governance and Data Warehouse Organizational Change Management.
Case Study #34
Capabilities. To accomplish these goals, the following capabilities were needed:
- Increase analysts’ use of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Data Architecture
- Create an intake and data products prioritization process
- Create process to add new data sources and build the initial EDW infrastructure
The EDW Change Management plan needed to address staff impacts, communicate a compelling business case for change, and a smooth transition to the desired future state.
We Provided the Client with Organizational Change Management. Mass Ingenuity partnered with this client to leverage the Prosci® 3-phase framework and tools.
- Preparing for change: Change management team charter, impact assessment, organizational attributes assessment, and impacted group assessment
- Managing and monitoring change: Communication plan, sponsor roadmap, training plan, coaching plan, and resistance management plan.
- Reinforcing change: Compliance review, mitigation plan, and after-action review
In addition, Mass Ingenuity provided the following services:
- Designed and conducted Data Governance maturity assessment
- Advised the organization on strategy and tactics to increase data governance maturity
- Consulted with leaders and staff to build awareness, cultivate desire, and conducted training to increase competencies in Data Governance
- Engaged existing governance committees in the data governance ecosystem
Project Team Member and Executive Sponsor Feedback
“The focus on relationships has been very impressive! The team demonstrated respect, commitment to working together, endurance, collaboration, and flexibility.”
Project Team Member
“Data Governance efforts resulted in an increased organizational competency and maturity. This helped [us] provide a single source of truth for data products, including reporting, analytics, and visualizations. Other benefits included improved quality of data…, modernization of data capabilities, increased consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of data.”
“The consultants were very knowledgeable regarding change management. They shared a variety of tools and approaches. They established an atmosphere that encouraged transparency and self-awareness. They modeled effective facilitation and coaching. They helped us work through conflict and resistance to change. [The Mass Ingenuity] consultants had a sophisticated understanding of the impact of change on varying levels of the organization and were able to address a variety of organizational needs.”