I want to introduce you to Jim Clark, one of Mass Ingenuity’s high-energy senior consultants. Jim is responsible for several of our large public sector customers and several commercial ones. He is a master of creating high energy with executives and quickly driving results. Jim likes to say, “Measures are the currency of your Management System and Results Software is the bank!”
Jim’s background as an executive gives him both perspective and reputation when it comes to large transformative projects. Our customers rely on Jim’s knowledge to give them the confidence to drive their own transformations and accelerate getting results.
Jim is presenting one of our customer’s powerful success stories and how they quickly achieved amazing changes in their operations.
Aaron Howard, CEO
An Introduction from Jim...
Manufacturing Company: Results Management System™ and Software
Case Study #36
Project Timeline: May 2020-February 2021
Client Results and Impact
The company was especially effective at cascading its performance measures throughout the operations division. Specific results achieved by their partnership with Mass Ingenuity includes:
- Reduced rework costs from $1.86 to $0.60 (67% cost savings in 11 months)
- Improved completed manufactured unit parts gross profit margin from 30.35% to 38.80%
(27% improvement in 9 months)
- Increased EBITDA from 17% of revenue to 32% (88% growth in 9 months)
Client Capabilities Needed
- Drill down from aggregate metrics into detailed metrics to drive root cause problem solving
- For example, they needed to more accurately track costs by product line and work center
- Implement “one source of the facts" despite concerns about inaccurate data
- Upgrade to a more sophisticated enterprise performance management system
- Enhance company-wide communication and accountability by leveraging real-time dashboards and visual performance management
- Align company priorities and measure progress on key initiatives.
CEO's Point of View
Manufacturing Company’s Sale Exceeds Expectations
“Our decision to work with Mass Ingenuity was a great investment. Working with their team gave our leadership team the business tools and best practices to take the company to a higher level of performance. They facilitated us through important conversations we weren’t having on our own, which enabled us to build and implement a strategic plan that quickly changed the course of our business and financial results. The measures were shared company-wide, allowing us to identify areas of concern and drive improvement. Our return on investment was 7:1 and had a significant impact on the eventual sale of our company.
The Mass Ingenuity team guided us seamlessly through the implementation process. Our aggressive implementation schedule was no problem for their experts, and they offered creative solutions to avoid costly system upgrades and provided stellar IT support. The Mass Ingenuity team was a true pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to any company striving to achieve operational excellence.”
Chief Administrative Officer (former)